Today is Day 3 of The Community Cleanse. With the exception of feeling fairly lethargic yesterday, so far so good. Below I have shared what I ate yesterday on Day 2 of the cleanse. Due to time constraints, I needed to prepare quick, easy meals. Happy cleansing!
Everyday Breakfast Smoothie – see link for recipe
Egg and Veggie Wraps (Serves 2)
- 3 eggs
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 yellow or red pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 2-3 very large handfuls of baby spinach
- ½ an avocado
- 4-6 tablespoons of salsa
- 4 stone ground soft corn tortillas
- Stir fry garlic, pepper and zucchini in a little olive oil until desired tenderness.
- Break the 3 eggs into the frying pan and mix around.
- Add 2 tablespoons of salsa.
- Once the eggs are almost cooked, add 2 large handfuls of spinach and mix.
- Take off heat so not to over cook the eggs. The spinach will continue to wilt.
- Warm the wraps in a frying pan (no need to use oil).
- Divide the mixture and put onto the wraps. Add sliced avocado and about 1 tbps salsa per wrap.
- Wrap it up, eat and enjoy.
For dinner we had a great, big, delicious salad with brown rice crackers and hummus.
Giant Salad (serves 2)
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 yellow or red pepper
- 1 golden or red beets
- 1 tomato
- mixed spring greens
- pumpkin seeds
- fresh turkey
- Put mixed spring greens in bowl.
- Put all the vegetables, except the tomato, through a food processor or chop them. Put the chopped vegetables on top of the lettuce.
- Chop the tomato and place on top of the salad.
- Cut up the turkey (you can warm it) and place on the salad.
- Toast pumpkin seeds in some olive oil and sea salt in a toaster oven or an oven. Put the seeds on top of the salad.
- Dress the salad with cleanse friendly dressing. We used “Annie’s Goddess Dressing”.
- Eat and enjoy.
- “Coconut Bliss Bar”