Calling all Healthy Junkies! If seems we have many recipes to share as a community. Therefore, I propose The Healthy Junkie Community Recipe Page. This idea was inspired by a few community cleansers. Thanks to my Mom, Ashley, Indra and all of you who have already posted a recipe in the comments sections.
If you are interested in sharing a delicious recipe with others, please put RECIPE in the subject line and send it to me at email@example.com. If you are inspired please also send a photo of yourself, a picture of your recipe and a short bio. I will post these about every week or as they come in. I may change something around if necessary. It’s fine to send a non-cleanse friendly recipe (of course it still needs to be ridiculously healthy), but this will not be posted until after The Community Cleanse finishes on November 14th. If the recipe you choose was inspired by a website, person, magazine, cookbook or so on, please say so in your recipe piece. So here’s what your Community Recipe and Bio might look like:
Who doesn’t love pizza? I have re-tweaked this recipe to make the most nutritiously delicious, cleanse friendly pizza possible. The pesto part of the pizza recipe (you may have some left over) is also good on spaghetti or brown rice topped with stir fried vegetables. You can of course add chicken if you’re looking to eat meat.
Pesto Pizza (serves 6)
- 7 oz of arugula
- 1 head of dino kale
- ½ cups of frozen peas
- 2 bunches of basil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup walnuts
- Juice of 1 1/2 -2 lemons
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2 onions
- 3 bell peppers (red, orange, yellow)
- 2 zucchini
- 3 Portobello mushrooms or other mushrooms
- 1 package “Lavish” whole wheat flat bread or other flat bread (6 pieces)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Soy cheese, brown rice cheese or other type of “cheese” while on cleanse
- Put all ingredients for pesto in a food processor or a strong blender and whip it until smooth.
- Chop up the vegetables for the vegetable topping and sauté in some olive oil until tender.
- Grate the soy or brown rice cheese.
- Mix olive oil and minced raw garlic in a small bowl and brush mildly over the bottom of the Lavish flatbread.
- Place Lavish bread on pieces of tin foil or cookie sheets.
- Spread some pesto over Lavish flat breads.
- Add grated cheese on top of pesto.
- Add the vegetable mixture on top of the pizzas.
- Bake at 425°F for about 15-20 minutes – the flatbread should crisp up.
- Sprinkle with crushed red peppers – if desired.
- Eat and enjoy.