There are other methods to help with the detoxification process. This list is not absolute. For instance, I don’t mention the infamous enema. Okay, well I suppose I just mentioned it and it is effective. But I won’t be going into details, so if you’re interested add it to the following list.
To deepen your cleanse – even more – try some of the following:
- Dry brushing to increase lymphatic drainage. The skin is the largest elimination organ, so be sure to dry brush in a circular motion over your whole body. Dry brushing also helps to increase circulation and remove dead skin cells. You can find a natural fiber bristle brush in health food stores. Loofah brushes work as well. Do this once to twice a day.
- Exercise – get out there, get moving and break a sweat.
- Drink lots of water and then drink more water. It is said that 75% of us are chronically dehydrated.
- Take warm baths with Epsom salts. This is a great way to detoxify and soothe any aches and pains.
- Saunas and hydrotherapy increase lymphatic activity. Saunas and extreme heat are not recommended for those who are weak, obese or pregnant.
- Drink lemon juice or apple cider vinegar in water (you can also add cayenne for an extra detox kick).
- Herbal teas help to support many of the elimination organs of the body. I personally like milk thistle, dandelion root, red raspberry, nettle, chamomile and burdock root. Try incorporating these healing teas into your rituals while on The Community Cleanse.
Happy cleansing community cleansers! Next post will be on Thursday.